From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] My X11 mouse icons have acquired unwanted borders. Help!
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 10:22:07
1 Hello, Gentoo!
2
3 I'm using Gnome 2.32.1 in X11.
4
5 My mouse pointers have all acquired unwanted borders. That is to say,
6 where there used just to be a solid black arrow, it is now surrounded by
7 a black outline enclosing a white outline around the arrow.
8
9 I don't like this! I didn't ask for it!
10
11 I first noticed this problem while starting Firefox. It seemed to hiccup
12 a bit (I think), and then all pointers (in all applications) went bad.
13
14 I've looked inside Gnome "preferences", but can't find a way to change
15 the pointers back. I suspect this is an X setting rather than a Gnome
16 one.
17
18 Can anybody point me at a solution?
19