From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 19:57:17
1 On Tuesday 27 Dec 2016 20:21:19 lee wrote:
2 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
3 > > On Tuesday 27 Dec 2016 08:21:53 lee wrote:
4 > >> Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> writes:
5 > >> > On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 5:47 PM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
6 > >> >> Yes, and that doesn't show me news before I sync, or does it?
7 > >> >
8 > >> > Correct.
9 > >> >
10 > >> > The order to do this in is:
11 > >> >
12 > >> > Sync
13 > >> > Read news.
14 > >> > Apply updates.
15 > >>
16 > >> sounds reasonable
17 > >
18 > > Even more reasonable:
19 > > eselect news read new
20 > >
21 > > will only come up with the latest as yet unread news, rather than a long
22 > > list which could have accumulated over the years.
23 >
24 > It seems to be clearing out the list automatically.
25 >
26 > [1] says the mailer module of eselect was removed. Is there a better
27 > way to read them than with eselect?
30 > [1]: https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/eselect.git/plain/NEWS
31
32 Unless you're running some script to sync portage and emerge, when you
33 synchronise portage manually with emerge --sync, it will let you know if there
34 are any new news items before you start emerging any packages. You could get
35 portage to email you all elogs, but I am not sure if this will also email you
36 any news items - I've never used this feature. It may require your own script
37 to do it.
38 --
39 Regards,
40 Mick