From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kmail2 - I have not given up ... yet
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2016 15:58:30
1 On Friday 01 January 2016 14:25:17 Mick wrote:
2 > On Friday 01 Jan 2016 13:06:55 Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Thanks for your thoughts Mick. I think most of my problems have
4 > > persisted
5 > > through many iterations from the early days of KMail-2. At any rate,
6 > > I've
7 > > just deleted the whole KMail structure once more and reimported from
8 > > archive and so far I've no duplicates. I used to get duplicates in
9 > > certain folders even from the import process.
10 >
11 > Perhaps the latest version of KDE fixed this problem of duplicate
12 > messages. I noticed that on Kmail2 there is a menu option:
13 >
14 > /Folder/Remove Duplicate Messages Ctrl+*
15 >
16 > I haven't used it, but you may want to give this a spin if the problem
17 > returns.
18
19 I've tried it many times, with no discernible effect at all - not even on CPU
20 use.
23 Rgds
24 Peter