From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Acroread
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 08:19:22
1 On 17/02/13 09:52, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
2 > Is it officially supported now? Or has been discontinued like flash?
3 >
4 > I'm mainly interested in the NPAPI plug in since it would allow me to
5 > use the same thing in Firefox and chromium.
6 >
7 > Are there any other good PDF readers with NPAPI? Don't suggest binary
8 > chrome.
9
10 You can use the Chrome PDF plugin in Chromium too. Just symlink it into
11 chromium's plugin directory:
12
13 ln -s /opt/google/chrome/libpdf.so /usr/lib/chromium-browser/
14
15 And you can also use Chrome's PPAPI Flash plugin in Chromium (which is
16 supported, unlike the NPAPI Flash plugin.) In your
17 /etc/chromium/default file, put this in it:
18
19 # Options to pass to chromium.
20 CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--ppapi-flash-path=/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so"
21
22 Simply keep google-chrome emerged.