From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Quieting a 2-speed, loud CPU fan
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 19:21:06
1 >> I just upgraded my AMD X2 4000+ to a 6000+. The fan that came with
2 >> the 4000+ always sounded like it had one speed and it was quiet. The
3 >> 6000+ comes with a fan that seems to have two speeds and the faster
4 >> speed is pretty loud. Can I get the fan to never increase to the
5 >> higher speed?
6 >
7 > Search for options in the BIOS. Mine has several profiles for fan behavior
8 > (temperatures/fan speeds). If yours doesn't, you can use the lm_sensors
9 > package to set up various fan speeds at various temperatures.
10
11 BIOS did it, thank you very much.
12
13 - Grant