From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where to find a substitude for Xmodmap?
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 16:33:18
1 KH schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I also upgraded to xorg-server 1.5 with hal and evdev. So far so good. I
5 > do have a Natural Keyboard Pro. There are some cool buttons like email ...
6 > They used not to work but some weeks ago I created the following
7 > .Xmodmap and they worked for me:
8 >
9 > keycode 178 = XF86WWW
10 > keycode 236 = XF86Mail
11 > keycode 230 = XF86Launch0
12 > keycode 229 = XF86Launch1
13 > keycode 231 = XF86Launch2
14 > keycode 232 = XF86Launch3
15 > keycode 233 = XF86Launch4
16 > keycode 234 = XF86Launch5
17 > keycode 161 = XF86Calculator
18 > keycode 235 = XF86Launch6
19 >
20 > Now I cannot use .Xmodmap any more because of hal and evdev. Also now
21 > all the buttons do work like the should do. The point is, I don't want
22 > them to work this way. I don't need a "Reload" button for firefox. I
23 > want to use this button to fire up oO. How can I do this? ( I alrady
24 > repainted my keyboard according to the functions I want the buttons to
25 > have :-))
26 >
27 > Thanks
28 >
29 > kh
30 >
31 go to /etc/conf.d/local.start and add
32
33 setkeycode 178 XF86WWW
34 .
35 .