From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a couple of baselayout2 problems
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:19:38
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >
3 > His real problem isn't baselayout2 and openrc, it's named.
4 >
5 > named is notorious for crappy stupid behaviour when being stopped and
6 > confusing the init scripts. It happens to me so often that now I tossed out
7 > the init script and do it manually.
8 >
9 > One day when my country's currency is worth something I can afford ans then I
10 > can get rid of named and it's start-up crap forever. It's still the only
11 > service I ever have to use "zap" on
15 I don't even know what named is but the zap option usually works for a
16 lost service. Sort of like a reset button. I just wonder what would
17 happen if it is really running when the zap option is used. Start a new
18 process I guess. I guess ps would be a good friend then.
19
20 Dale
21