From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: RAID on new install
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 02:15:24
1 On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 9:16 AM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Mark Shields <laebshade <at> gmail.com> writes:
6 > > The last guide recommends using raid0 on some
7 > > partitions; everytime I use LVM2, I use nothing
8 > > but raid1 partitions. I'd rather have the full
9 > > raid1 than partial raid 1 + speed of raid0.
12 > Well Raid 1 only would be keen.
13 > Even swap as raid 1 ?
14 >
15 > There are actually 2 docs that cross
16 > reference each other. See my post to
17 > Mark's input...
18 >
19 > thx
20 > James
27 Well, no. I don't use raid 1 with swap; I just use a separate swap
28 partition on each drive. But all the other partitions, I use raid 1.