From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage screwup
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 14:31:43
1 On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 07:33:24 -0600, Joseph wrote:
2
3 > All the older packages are being removed and and some of them are not
4 > even made stable.
5
6 That makes sense. These are testing packages, if the tests reveal a fault
7 that is rectified in a later ebuild, only the fixed one will be made
8 stable.
9
10 > I've masked current one app-text/poppler-0.22.2-r2 but looking at the
11 > web-page this is not even stable poppler-0.22.3 is masked all acrossgo
12
13 It's not masked, it is keyworded - there is a difference.
14
15 > the previous version are all removed. All the packages that I recently
16 > try to roll back are gone, in most cases only one is available so there
17 > is no option to roll back.
18 >
19 > Am I missing something?
20
21 All ebuilds stay on the Gentoo CVS server, ones that are removed from the
22 tree in the "attic". If you want a previous version, download it from
23 the attic and put it in your local overlay.
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 If there is light at the end of the tunnel...order more tunnel.