From: David Juhl <commo_puke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How would I disable Flash (oand other things) for a single account?
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 01:40:07
1 ACLS maybe? I've read about it but never had a need to do so.
2
3 On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 21:32 +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 > On Samstag 12 September 2009, Mark Knecht wrote:
5 > > On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann
6 > >
7 > > <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
8 > > > On Samstag 12 September 2009, Mark Knecht wrote:
9 > > >> Is it possible to shut off all multimedia stuff for a single account?
10 > > >> It's doesn't have to be securely off, just off, so if it cannot be
11 > > >> done by meddling with group membership then doing something in a root
12 > > >> owned bash file that executes when the user logs in even that's fine
13 > > >> with me. (Uh - even I don't know much about what Linux/Gnome does when
14 > > >> a user logs in so I'll get to learn a bit also!)
15 > > >>
16 > > >> I've removed the user account from the audio, video and games groups.
17 > > >> When playing YouTube stuff sound is gone but the Flash video is still
18 > > >> there. Can I stop that from working. maybe by changing paths if
19 > > >> there's not an easier way to do it?
20 > > >>
21 > > >> Thanks,
22 > > >> Mark
23 > > >
24 > > > put all users except the one into one group.
25 > > >
26 > > > change ownership of flash and multimedia stuff to that group.
27 > > > change permissions, make flash and multimedia stuff only owner and group
28 > > > readable/executable.
29 > > >
30 > > > Everybody can use flash and multimediastuff except that user
31 > >
32 > > Makes sense. thanks.
33 > >
34 > > What happens after an emerge that updates the files? I have to go back
35 > > in and change owner:group on the files again?
36 > >
37 > > I'm sure you're right and this is probably the right way to do it.
38 > >
39 > > Thanks,
40 > > Mark
43 > you could either add it to a cron job or run a little script that you run
44 > after every emerge.
45 >