From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Creating Blue-ray video discs
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 09:02:11
1 Howdy,
2
3 A few weeks ago, I ran up on a deal on a Blu-ray burner.  It's a LG and
4 smartctrl -i shows this:
7 === START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
8 Vendor:               HL-DT-ST
9 Product:              BD-RE  WH16NS40
10 Revision:             1.04
11 Compliance:           SPC-3
12 >> Terminate command early due to bad response to IEC mode page
13 A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more
14 '-T permissive' options.
18 Anyway, I have some HD videos I want to burn to a Blu-ray disc in HD.
19 I've used Devede and Devedeng to create DVDs for a while.  I prefer the
20 old Devede but the new ng version works well.  It doesn't however seem
21 to create Blu-ray discs.  I googled and found how to play some of them
22 at least that are commercially made.  I can't find however what software
23 is used to create my own.
24
25 Does anyone know what software to use to create HD video Blu-ray discs?
26 I'm hoping to use them as backup media as well, in addition to other
27 backup methods.  Right now, I want to create a few video ones to play in
28 a blu-ray player.
29
30 Thanks much for any info.
31