From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is an Intel motherboard RAID better or worse than software RAID?
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:31:55
1 On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:40:52 +0200, Wolfgang Liebich wrote:
2
3 > Basically I plan to do:
4 > - Put the boot partition on a RAID1
5 > - Put the root partition on another RAID1 (I thought about putting the
6 > root filesystem into my LVM setup, too -- it is REALLY annoying if the
7 > root partition get's to small),
8 > but it seems safer to let root be an own partition. Or are there any
9 > different opinions here? I'm very interested in hearing experiences...
10
11 I have a small root partition on RAID1 and everything else (except swap)
12 in an LVM group, also on RAID. This avoids the need for a separate /boot.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Isn't 'Criminal Lawyer' rather redundant?