From: Leandro Melo de Sales <leandroal@×××××.com>
To: david.libault@××××××××.fr, maxk@××××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] BNEP module
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 14:53:56
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm trying to configure my bnep0 as shown in
4 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/bluetooth-guide.xml. Well, I'm doing like
5 this:
6
7 # modprobe bnep
8 # lsmod
9 Module Size Used by
10 bnep 12928 2
11
12 but when I try to setup the ip address for the bnep0 I got the following error:
13
14 # ifconfig bnep0 192.168.2.1
15 SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
16 bnep0: unknown interface: No such device
17
18 What should I have to do to make my bnep0 working?
19
20 I'm newbie in bluetooth subject, I have a simple question: I have a
21 Motorola V3 with bluetooth enabled and I want to write a simple
22 client/server application to transfer data through a socket connection
23 between my desktop and my V3. So how can I setup the V3 ip or Am I
24 thinking wrong about this and I should make a different configuration
25 in order to connect my devices through socket?
26
27 Thank you,
28
29 Leandro.