From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] kernel 2.6.37 : MCE problem
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:06:36
1 I've just installed & compiled gentoo-sources-2.6.37
2 & am getting msgs in all my terminals
3
4 Message from syslogd@localhost at Tue Jan 18 14:32:38 2011 ...
5 localhost kernel: [Hardware Error]: No human readable MCE decoding support on this CPU type.
6
7 Message from syslogd@localhost at Tue Jan 18 14:32:38 2011 ...
8 localhost kernel: [Hardware Error]: Run the message through 'mcelog --ascii' to decode.
9
10 There seems to be no change in config options re MCE since 2.6.33 ,
11 the previous kernel, which doesn't suffer from this internal spam.
12 My CPU is an Intel Core 2 Duo. Everything else seems to be working ok.
13
14 Does anyone have any idea what's going on ?
18 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
19 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
20 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca