From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Uploading Files to Windows CE
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 09:18:10
1 Am 07.10.2010 23:45, schrieb dhk:
2 > Does anyone know how to upload files from a Gentoo box to Windows CE?
3 > The CE device has a cradle with a usb connection which appears as
4 > character device in /dev/ttyUSB0 . The Windows cetools / cecopy does it
5 > if you want to use Windows. However, I would like to do it from Gentoo
6 > if possible. Any ideas?
7
8 metatron@Shao ~ $ eix -S "windows ce"
9 * app-pda/synce
10 Available versions: (~)0.13 (~)0.14 {gnome hal kde serial}
11 Homepage: http://sourceforge.net/projects/synce/
14 From the Homepage of synce at http://www.synce.org/moin/
15 "The purpose of the SynCE project is to provide a means of communication
16 with a Windows Mobile device from a computer running Linux, *BSD or
17 other unixes using USB or Bluetooth. One can then use one's computer to
18 browse files, install applications and synchronize contacts, calendar
19 and tasks with their PIM application of choice."
20
21 I don't have tried it because I don't own a WinCE device but it sounds
22 like the right thing to me.
23
24 Hth
25 Sebastian Beßler