From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What's wrong with eix?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:56:34
1 Hi,
2
3 All of a sudden (as of yesterday evening), eix is not reporting the
4 updated Portage tree properly, and I don't know why.
5
6 No bugs in Bugzilla, and this is the same version (3.0-r1) that I've
7 been using for a week or two now, so it's not that an update broke
8 things, but every day I get the output of esync mailed to me, and when I
9 then check the known updated packages with eix, they are not shown:
10
11 do 10/13/05 10:39
12 root -> eix cedega
13 * app-emulation/cedega
14 Available versions: 4.0 4.0.1 4.1 4.1[1] 4.1.1 4.2-r1 4.2.1 4.3
15 4.3.1 4.3.2 4.4 4.4.1
16 Installed: 4.4.1
17 Homepage: http://www.transgaming.com/
19 with enhanced DirectX for gaming
20
21 [1] /usr/local/portage
22
23 Found 1 matches
24
25 do 10/13/05 10:40
26 root -> emerge --search cedega
27 Searching...
28 [ Results for search key : cedega ]
29 [ Applications found : 2 ]
30
31 * app-emulation/cedega
32 Latest version available: 4.4.3
33 Latest version installed: 4.4.1
34 Size of downloaded files: 7,471 kB
35 Homepage: http://www.transgaming.com/
37 enhanced DirectX for gaming
38 License: Aladdin
39
40 I've updated eix's cache a number of times, and even run eix-sync, but
41 the above is the result after having done so. I can of course use emerge
42 --search or equery or whatever, but.... I don't much like having
43 unattibutable problems like this.
44
45 Anybody have a clue what might be going wrong?
46
47 Holly
48 --
49 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list