From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Linux (Ubuntu) on a USB drive doesn't save
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 07:25:58
1 On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 23:44 -0700, Daevid Vincent wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > I followed this guide:
4 > http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/02/12/usb-ubuntu-tutorial-for-linux-us
5 > ers/#more-117
6 >
7 > And used Ubuntu 7.04. It worked great. I can boot and get online and all
8 > sorts of things.
9 >
10 > However, nothing "saves" !!!?
11
12 I'm not qualified to answer this question because I've never used
13 Ubuntu; I've never booted from a usb key; and I'm on the gentoo-user
14 ml ;) buuut maybe the usb key boot idea works like a live-cd and loads
15 your filesystem into a RAM disk? In which case, changed you made
16 wouldn't actually be saved... you could add another partition to the
17 key for "persistent" storage perhaps?
18
19 HTH,
23 We are each entitled to our own opinion, but no one is entitled to his
24 own facts.
25 -- Patrick Moynihan
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list