From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adobe Flash replacement ?
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 09:24:51
1 On Thursday 22 October 2015 21:38:50 Marc Joliet wrote:
2
3 > Personally, I actually uninstalled adobe-flash almost exactly two weeks and
4 > 2 hours ago :-) . I haven't really missed it, and youtube-dl (well, mpv's
5 > built-in youtube-dl support) helps with the few sites that still don't
6 > support HTML5 video. I practically never encounter any other type of flash
7 > content. (I consciously decided that I don't care about flash games, so
8 > they don't count.)
9
10 Where I live, BBC Radio 3 is not receivable by direct broadcast, so I use the
11 iPlayer daily to listen to it on my desktop box. It won't work without flash,
12 so until the BBC change their ways I'm stuck with it. I did try radiotray some
13 time ago, but I like the text and pictures that come with the iPlayer.
14
15 (Sorry about all the confusing pronouns.)
18 Rgds
19 Peter