From: Cor Legemaat <cor@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Anjuta fail to debug application.
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 08:54:19
1 Hi:
2
3 When I try to debug an application in Anjuta 3.8.4 on my Gentoo Hardened
4 pc I get an error of "Unable to find a debugger plugin supporting a
5 target with application/x-sharedlib MIME type", got that with 3.2, 3.4
6 and 3.6 also but didn't had time to investigate.
7
8 I installed an virtual machine with Fedora 20 and tried it there where
9 it's working fine. On both machines I created an default foobar_cpp
10 hello world application and compared the configure/compile commands,
11 they are the same. On Fedora the executable has an MIME type of
12 "application/x-executable" but on Gentoo as "application/x-sharedlib",
13 copied them over an they are still detected the same.
14
15 So it seems if the MIME types are detected correctly and the problem is
16 probably in autoconf/automake/gcc but I don't know where to start. Any
17 suggestions?
18
19 Regards:
20 Cor