From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange behavior of "tab" key with Libreoffice Calc and Plasma
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 16:52:36
1 On Sunday, 23 June 2019 21:31:33 BST Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 190623 Stefano Crocco wrote:
3 > > a few months ago I started noticing a very annoying behavior
4 > > when pressing the "tab" key in Libreoffice Calc.
5 > > Previously, pressing this key would move the cursor by one cell to the
6 > > right, so that I could immediately start writing into the cell.
7 >
8 > That's what it does for me now, using LO 6.2.4.2 on KDE.
9
10 Also on the same version, but running Plasma/KDE-5.15.5, single tab moves to
11 the cell on the right AND selects the main menu. :-/
14 > > Now, while the cursor is moved to the correct cell
15 > > -- I can see the black border around it -- ,
16 > > I can't write in it immediately anymore.
17 > > To move the cursor to the next cell and be able to immediately write in
18 > > it,
19 > > I need to press the tab key twice.
20 > > It seems that somehow pressing the tab key once gives focus to the menu
21 > > bar: pressing tab once, then pressing "F" brings down the file menu;
22 > > pressing tab, then pressing "E" displays the edit menu and so on.
23 >
24 > Here, pressing Tab-Tab simply moves 2 cells to the right.
25
26 Hmm ... are you running a non-KDE environment by any chance?
27
28 I just tried LO on Englightenment and it works fine, BUT it runs with GTK
29 icons. Various KDE DEs however exhibit the same behaviour here - double tab
30 to move to the right cell and select it to be able to enter data.
31
32 Another thing I tried is to launch it with:
33
34 SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk3 soffice
35
36 On a plasma only system, it will not respect this incantation and About always
37 shows "VCL: kde5; " so this leads me to conclude the problem is with the KDE
38 compilation flag.
39
40 If I remember I'll disable it on the next update and see what happens then.
41 --
42 Regards,
43
44 Mick