From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo gets as bad SuSE: Circular dependencies [WAS: Thank you Gentoo devs]
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 18:01:24
1 On Sun, 20 May 2007 18:49:31 +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2
3 > The circular dependencies between Xserver and drivers do not come
4 > from upstream. They're artificial. If we just want an simple-to-use
5 > package which gets the Xserver *and* drivers based on useflags
6 > (which IMHO is an good idea), it's quite trivial to do this by an
7 > virtual/meta package. I've did it and it works good. You can get
8 > it from my overlay via CVS:
9
10 How is this different prom portage installing the server and required
11 drivers according to USE flag settings?
12
13 VIDEO_CARDS is expanded to USE flags to install only the drivers you
14 need.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.