From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ethereal bug?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:18:38
1 Richard Fish <bigfish <at> asmallpond.org> writes:
4 > >When I run ethereal as root (su -p) in a kde session,
5 > >it dies off when I end the capture session. I do not use
6 > >gnome, so I do not know if the problem exist there.
7
8 > >If I comment out this line:
9 > >gtk-alternative-button-order = 1
10 > >#gtk-alternative-button-order = 1
11
12 > >in the file:
13 > >.kde3.4/share/config/gtkrc
14
15 > >It does not die off (temporary fix)
16
17 > >But each time I reboot the portable
18 > >I have to edit the file again.
19
20 > What KDE theme & style are you using? I don't seem to have this setting
21 > (or problem) in my gtkrc file...so I think maybe it is a theme-specific
22 > issue.
23
24 Good question. I have never set this(these) setting. Going through
25 'control panel'
26 Theme Manager Nothing is selected or highlighted under
27 'Choose your visual KDE theme:
28
29 At the bottom under 'style' is says 'plastik is the 'widget style'.
30 Can you be more specific as to what parameters I need to look at,
31 or maybe they are consolitdated in a config file somewhere?
32
33 James
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list