From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to unmount bind-mounted /dev?
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 23:51:23
1 Mark Shields writes:
2
3 > On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 5:15 AM, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org
4 > <mailto:wonko@×××××××××.org>> wrote:
5 >
6 > I just wrote:
7 >
8 > > Thomas Ulrich Nockmann writes:
9
10 > >> try 'umount -l /32/de'
11 > >
12 > > Cool, this does the trick!
13 >
14 > But it does not help :( After unmounting /32/dev, I can finally unmount
15 > /32, but now the fsck fails:
16 >
17 > weird ~ # fsck -Cf /dev/mapper/32
18 > fsck from util-linux 2.19
19 > e2fsck 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
20 > fsck.ext3: Device or resource busy while trying to open /dev/mapper/32
21 > Filesystem mounted or opened exclusively by another program?
22 >
23 > lsof and fuser report nothing. I guess I will have to reboot then.
24
25 > Try a lazy umount, or forced umount?
26 >
27 > # umount -f
28 > # umount -l
29
30 The lazy unmount was Thomas' hint already and worked, the partition is
31 no longer mounted. But I cannot fsck it, it is still in use. cryptsetup
32 luksClose works neither.
33 It's no big trouble, but still I'm curious why this is.
34
35 Wonko