From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SPF & sendmail: howto?
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 21:03:15
1 On Wednesday 21 July 2010 21:51:47 Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I would like to integrate Sender Policy Framework (SPF) with my
5 > MTA (sendmail), but can not find any documentation for dealing
6 > with SPF, Sendmail & Gentoo.
7 >
8 > I could install mail-filter/libspf2, but how can I make sendmail
9 > use it? There are milters for SenderID, DKIM, or DK in portage
10 > tree, but nothing for SPF...
11 >
12 > Jarry
15 I assume you have a perfectly legitimate reason for still using sendmail in
16 this day and age?
17
18 My advice is to migrate to postfix (best all-round MTA out there unless you
19 have special needs) and google again for the HOWTO. You will be pleasantly
20 surprised by the many many hits that come back.
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com