From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange messages at boot
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 02:56:35
1 On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 23:24:19 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 22:08:27 +0000, Mick wrote:
5 >
6 > > When Knoppix starts up and does not find an iface running, because say
7 > > I have not yet switched on the router, it 'backgrounds' the net.eth0
8 > > script and carries on with the boot process. How can I set my Gentoo
9 > > up so that it does the same?
10 >
11 > emerge ifplugd. that's it, you don't need to configure it or add it to a
12 > runlevel, in fact you should not do so. The Gentoo net scripts detect the
13 > presence of ifplugd and use it to do what you want.
14
15 They do? I emerged it a while ago now and then took net.ethx out of all
16 runlevels and replaced it with ifplugd. Should i undo that?
21 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list