From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Not strictly Gentoo] Touchpad as graphic tablet?
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:45:57
1 On 6/29/06, Leonardo <leodp@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a laptop with a touchpad, and was wondering if it's
5 > possible to use it as a sort of 'cheap' graphic tablet.
6
7 I've tried, no success.
8
9 > As it should be possible to configure the threshold pressure to
10 > detect the touch, maybe it's even possible to have not only
11 > position, but also pressure detection, similarly to what happens
12 > for graphic tablets.
13
14 That's one of the technologies used.
15 http://www.synaptics.com/technology/cps.cfm
16
17 If you think carefully, you must use something that provides
18 capicitance for it to work, so, a pen or anything like that should not
19 work.
20
21 > Has anybody tried to use it in this way (maybe with Gimp)?
24 I've posted in foruns, where most of the time it was taken as a joke
25 ;) but I only have my synaptic notebook touchpad, maybe another one
26 (I've heard some sense heat, others sense pressure only) can work.
27
28 Its way easier and not that expensive (but still expensive) to buy a tablet.
31 Daniel da Veiga
32 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list