From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Need for revdep-rebuild
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:54:22
1 On 2011-07-25, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > Just a note to anyone who hasn't already found out the hard way:
4 >
5 > After upgrading icu today I found that system-config-printer-common
6 > wouldn't compile because it couldn't find the right icu library.
7 >
8 > Revdep-rebuild was required to fix this - so it does still have a
9 > use, after all.
10
11 Was any question about that?
12
13 I would guess that after about a third of my updates, revdep-rebuild
14 finds something that needs to be re-emerged. Sometimes I forget to
15 run revdep-rebuild, and it's not uncommon that I stumble across
16 something broken within a day or so.
19 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I've read SEVEN
20 at MILLION books!!
21 gmail.com