From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer is slow in xfce but Ok in other X
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 18:54:42
1 On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 04:43:55AM +0000, Chuanwen Wu wrote
2 > I found that the problem is the gmplayer,but no mplayer.
3 > I start mplayer from terminal,everything is fluent.
4 > Is there any other way to use mplayer in xfce(just no use gmplayer)??
5
6 There are 2 possible solutions for your problem...
7
8 1) I assume that gmplayer is a front-end to mplayer. Find out what
9 parameters gmplayer passes to mplayer, and change them.
10
11 2) I don't know if xfce has a built-in icon or launch-panel. I run
12 Blackbox, and I use pypanel as my launcher/panel. Other panels, like
13 gnome-panel, seem to want to build 90% of GNOME, which defeats the
14 purpose of running Blackbox. I put stuff I use a lot into the panel.
15 You have to edit a text file, but I don't make changes all that often.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
19 My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list