From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Beyond-Gentoo question
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 16:27:27
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> [10-10-09 18:16]:
2 >
3 > On 9 Oct 2010, at 13:14, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > > ...
5 > > I finally found the reason for haveing no z-buffering available...
6 > >
7 > > The libsdl was copiled without the opengl USE-flag set.
8 > > Would it possible, that this flag is set for 32bit-Linux by default
9 > > and is totally missing (not shown when doing a 'emerge -pv libsdl',
10 > > neither set nor unset) on 64bit-Linux?
11 >
12 > It appears to be set as -opengl by default on 32-bit here, but it is shown as an option.
13 >
14 > Stroller.
18 Hi,
19
20 yes, thats why I activated it on my 32bit system and therefore the
21 z-buffer problem does not hit me.
22
23 But doing an
24
25 emerge -pv libsdl
26
27 on my 64bit system does not show this neither activated nor
28 deactivated. Thats why did not noticed that it is missing.
29
30 Adding it to package.use (activate it) results in a clean compile,
31 so despite it is not mentioned at all it is known and solved the
32 problem.
33
34 Thats why I am thinking it should be shown as it is shown on 32bit
35 system.
36
37 Just an idea for a little bit more comfort in searching for problem
38 fixes...
39
40 Only my two cent, your currency may vary...
41
42 Best regards,
43 mcc