From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sddm-helper and high memory usage
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 20:14:13
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > <<<SNIP>>>
5 > When it did this the other day, I closed all my programs so I could
6 > logout, reset and log back in again.  After I hit logout, I noticed the
7 > little memory usage meter on the bottom of my screen was down to a more
8 > normal level.  It was already logging me out so to late to stop it.  It
9 > seems that it dropped after I closed Firefox.  I tend to have two
10 > profiles running and they use quite a bit of memory on their own.  The
11 > new thing is sddm using this much as well.  Could Firefox have some
12 > effect on this??
13 >
14 > <<<SNIP>>>
15 > Any ideas?
16 >
17 > Dale
18 >
19 > :-)  :-)
23 Ignore the part about Firefox.  I noticed it was up to about 4.3GBs or
24 13.5% again and closed all my browsers.  After that was done and it
25 settled a bit, it was using the same amount of memory.  Closing my
26 browsers has no effect on it's memory usage.  Logging out and back in
27 again, back to normal.  I'm sure it will start rising again tho.
28
29 Still curious to see if anyone else has this issue or has a idea on how
30 to fix it.
31
32 Thanks.
33