From: jeff <jcranmer01@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X not working after update
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:05:48
1 Thanks Bo.
2
3 That did the trick. The DISPLAYMANAGER variable used to be in rc.conf,
4 but the last update removed it from there.
5
6 Jeff
9 On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 00:17 +0100, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
10 > On Thursday 09 November 2006 23:59, jeff wrote:
11 > > I just updated X, and now I no longer have a working install for
12 > > automatic startup.
13 > >
14 > > When the boot process executes, I get the error
15 > > "/sbin/start-stop-daemon: stat /usr/bin/xdm: No such file or directory
16 > > (No such file or directory)"
17 > >
18 > > However, if I then log in, typing 'startx' will successfully get me into
19 > > kde.
20 >
21 > Did you want to use kdm or xdm as your displaymanager? If you want to use kdm
22 > then you probably need to alter DISPLAYMANAGER in /etc/conf.d/xdm. If you
23 > want xdm then you probably need to emerge it.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list