From: Jeremi Piotrowski <jeremi.piotrowski@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PPC64 on IBM Power8
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 14:51:29
1 On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 03:08:26PM +0100, luciano mannucci wrote:
2 > Now I'm wondering: should I try to build everithing from there, or is
3 > it possible to get a more recent install version for the ppc64
4 > architecture?
5
6 The install medium has almost zero effect on what ends up in the installed
7 system. The only purpose it serves is to partition and format your block
8 devices - after that you chroot into the stage3 which will become your
9 install environment. As long as your install cd/dvd supports the
10 filesystems you want to use, you'll be fine using it. Just get the newest
11 stage3 and you will start with the most recent gentoo has to offer.