From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: openrc and /etc/modprobe.d/*
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 06:02:59
1 On 05/26/2011 10:36 PM, Mick wrote:
2 > As I was booting an old laptop I noticed a message coming up telling me that
3 > the /etc/modprobe.d/irda file will be done away with in future versions.
4 >
5 > Are these files now deprecated? Are we meant to fit everything in
6 > /etc/conf.d/modules as per the OpenRC migration page?
7 >[...]
8
9 AFAIK, this is only for module auto-loading. Stuff like configuration
10 options of modules, blacklisting, etc, still go in /etc/modprobe.d/.
11 But all files placed there, need to have a ".conf" suffix. And packages
12 still place files there. It's not deprecated. For example, run this:
13
14 equery belongs /etc/modprobe.d/*
15
16 and you'll get a list of packages that actually placed files there. If
17 you have modules you wish to get loaded automatically on boot, only then
18 put entries for them in /etc/conf.d/modules.