From: "John H. Moe" <johnmoe@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error in Emerge
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:41:12
1 Crístian Viana wrote:
2 > pastebin can also hold the file forever :)
3 >
4 > On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
7 >> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:12:15 +0300, wins mallow wrote:
10 >>> Please place full log to pastebin.
11 >>> maybe, you missed cc profile, gcc not found, etc ?
12 >>>
13 >> Please don't use pastebin. It only holds the file for something like 30
14 >> days, whereas the mailing list archives are long term. If the log file is
15 >> too large for a plain attachment, gzip it.
18 >> --
19 >> Neil Bothwick
20 >>
21 >> C Error #029: Well! I'm impressed
22 >>
23 Yeah, but does pastebin refer back to this e-mail thread if I look up
24 the same error sometime later? If the errors and info are directly in
25 the e-mail, then future searches for the same problem are much easier to
26 track down.
27
28 I would assume the info requested might make up a few KB? And if it's
29 bigger than that, the like the man said, gzip it; text files generally
30 get really good compression.
31
32 Just my $0.02.
33