From: "Jesús Guerrero" <6thpink@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's the dmix equivalent these days?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 00:21:53
1 El Tue, 27 Feb 2007 00:53:54 +0100
2 Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> escribió:
3
4 > Mick writes:
5 >
6 > > How am I supposed to specify sox? /usr/bin/sox doesn't play any
7 > > sound.
8 >
9 > Have a look at this "Do I really need aRts?" thread, in the middle it
10 > says:
11 >
12 > "now, copy this script into /usr/bin/Ksplay:
13 >
14 > #! /bin/sh
15 > sox "$@" -v 1.0 -q -t alsa default &
16 >
17 > emerge sox to get an external sound player for
18 > kdm events. Go into the control center, click
19 > system notifications and click "player settings"
20 > near the bottom. Click "use external player"
21 > and then type /usr/bin/Ksplay.
22 > "
23 >
24 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-526080-highlight-arts.html
25 >
26 > Alex
27
28 Alternatively you can just use the script "/usr/bin/play", included in
29 the sox package.
30
31 Jesús Guerrero
32 --