From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Sound card drivers must be modules?
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 17:03:42
1 On 11/04/2009 06:48 PM, Grant wrote:
2 > I'm trying to configure my laptop's internal sound card and external
3 > USB sound card. I have /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf:
4 >
5 > alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
6 > options snd-hda-intel index=0
7 >
8 > alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
9 > options snd-usb-audio index=1
10 >
11 > and restarting alsasound I get:
12 >
13 > WARNING: Module snd_hda_intel not found.
14 > WARNING: Module snd_usb_audio not found.
15 >
16 > Do I have to compile both drivers as modules in order to use them both?
17
18 For the built-in chip, no.
19
20 For the USB card, not if you have it plugged in at boot time. But
21 better build this one as a module since USB devices can be plugged in
22 and out at random.