From: Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happened to OpenRC 0.9.6?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 19:30:09
1 On 27/11/11 16.36, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > sys-apps/openrc-0.9.6 is just... gone? Not even masked, but completely
3 > gone from portage.
4 >
5 > What happened to it?
6
7 Last time I checked it was hardmasked. Now it's been confined into
8 oblivion, I hope.
9 It had a "little" problem in resolving the dependencies of a newly
10 introduced boot service that created a cycle and caused the boot process
11 to hang (almost) forever with rc_parallel=YES.
12
13 With 100% repeatability, mind you, which does raise same questions on
14 the amount of testing done before release. Yes, it's ~arch and
15 rc_parallel is explicitly marked "experimental", but it's not expected
16 to be completely and consistently broken, either.
17
18 If that sounds like I'm ranting, it's because I just spent about an hour
19 getting three machines affected by this problem back into working state.
20
21 If anyone still has it installed, it's time to sync and downgrade :)
22
23 andrea