From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Chromium bloat
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 12:51:52
1 On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 11:35:02 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > I think I know the answer already, but is there any way to install www-
4 > client/chromium without all the bloat? I don't see any need here for
5 > any of these:
6 >
7 > app-accessibility/speech-dispatcher
8 > app-accessibility/espeak
9 > media-sound/sox
10 > media-libs/libsndfile
11 > media-libs/speex
12 >
13 > ...but they aren't controlled, or even affected, by USE flags. And why
14 > two versions of dev-python/beautifulsoup?
15
16 Looking at the ebuild, speech-dispatcher is required is you do not have
17 USE="gn", the rest aren't mentioned and are probably dependencies of
18 speech-dispatcher.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 How do you know when it's time to tune your bagpipes?