From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Does Firefox call Google?
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:09:56
1 On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 2:45 AM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Does anyone know if Firefox downloads its website lists from Google?
4
5 I think in FF1 and FF2 it would periodically download a list of "bad"
6 URLs (FF1) or a list of hashes of bad domain names (FF1 and FF2) and
7 check the local list for hits. In FF3 I believe the phishing filter
8 submits every site to google as you browse, in real time. It may
9 download the list, too. I'm not entirely sure. Disable "Block reported
10 web forgeries" and "Block reported attack sites" in Firefo if you'd
11 rather not (potentially) tell Google about every URL you ever visit.
12
13 The host sb.google.com contains the lists.