From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wireless on boot
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 13:31:37
1 On Tuesday 07 November 2006 19:35, Luigi Pinna wrote:
2
3 > Alle 20:44, sabato 4 novembre 2006, Neil Bothwick ha scritto:
4 > > On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 13:53:39 +0100, Luigi Pinna wrote:
5 > > > But I continue to have some problems...
6 > > > First, on boot time net.eth0 gives up and I must wait until timeout
7 > > > before that boot could continue.
8 > >
9 > > emerge ifplugd and read the comments about it in
10 > > /etc/conf.d/net.example
11 >
12 > Sorry I answer only now: I was not here!
13 > Your command works good, now in boot time I don't wait about net.eth0
14 > but net.wlan0 and net.eth0 seem not active, but the wireless works.
15 > I found that my connection is not still stable.
16
17 I'm not sure but it may have something to do with TTL and MTU sizes being
18 different between your wireless router and your computer wifi card?
19
20 > dmesg is full from this kind of messagges:
21 > zd1211:Mixed Mode
22
23 Assuming that is your zd1211 is your wireless card device I would comment out
24 the mixed and infrastructure mode settings from the /etc/conf.d/net file to
25 see if it makes a difference.
26
27 If you still cannot find what's causing it I would suggest that you establish
28 a basic connection to the router without passwd authentication, or anything
29 clever and see if that holds the connection. If the connection failures
30 continue, then it may have to do with a hardware problem. If the connection
31 failures go away, then it is a configuration issue.
32
33 HTH.
34 --
35 Regards,