From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Raid system fails to boot after moving from 2.6 kernel to 3.5
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 09:12:19
1 Pau Peris <sibok1981@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >Hi,
6 >i'm running GNU/Gentoo Linux with a custom compiled kernel and i've
7 >just
8 >migrated from a 2.6 kernel to a 3.5.
11 >As my HD's are on raid 0 mode i use a custom initrd file in order to be
12 >able to boot. While kernel 2.6 is able to boot without problems the new
13 >3.5
14 >compiled kernel fails to boot complaining about "no block devices
15 >found".
16 >After taking a look at initrd.cpio contained scripts i can see the
17 >failure
18 >message is given by mdadm tool.
21 >Does anyone has a clue about that? Thansk in advanced. :)
22
23 Paul,
24
25 I had a similar issue with a new system. There it was caused by mdadm trying to start the raid devices before all the drives were identified.
26 Try disabling "Asynchronous SCSI scanning" in the kernel config. (CONFIG_SCSI_SCAN_ASYNC)
27 Or add "scsi_mod.scan=sync" to the kernel commandline to see if it's the same cause.
30 Joost
31 --
32 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.