From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Adding Gentoo to Win-XP/NTSF machine
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 01:18:14
1 On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 02:10 +0200, Sven Köhler wrote:
2 > > 2) Do I put grub on the Gentoo boot partition and then do the standard
3 > > chain load to Win XP? If this is the case then which partitions should
4 > > be marked as bootable?
5 >
6 > AFAIK, grub can only be put into the MBR of a disk. anything like
7 > "grub-install /dev/hda1" just will not work. Only something like
8 > "grub-install /dev/hda" will do.
9 >
10 > LILO could be installed into some partition's boot-sector. I loved it -
11 > but GRUB doesn't like that idea.
14 The other day I installed grub on /dev/hdc3 on my wife's computer. It's
15 worked great so far...
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list