From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 23:52:12
1 On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 15:14:11 +0000
2 Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > > Are there any other cases, apart from emotional attachment based on
5 > > inertia, where a separate / and /usr are desirable? As I see it,
6 > > there is only the system, and it is an atomic unit.
7 >
8 > You should really read the thread before posting.
11 You quoted a hypothical question I posed[1] which follows directly on
12 from something I described in the previous paragraph. You should really
13 retain context in what you decide to snip, as you have changed the
14 entire meaning and intent of what I said and asked.
18 [1] The question was literally an RFC - a request for people to
19 comment. I have no strict engineering or configuration need for /
20 and /usr to be separate; I know of one setup configuration that
21 requires it, I asked who needs it for different reasons and
22 why - not as a debate point, but as a learning point.
23
24 Does that sufficiently answer the thought that prompted you to reply?
27 Alan McKinnon
28 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com