From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Neither klibc nor splashutils will emerge
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:43:20
1 On Thursday 24 August 2006 10:38, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 8/24/06, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I am not using the symlink flag and just to make sure I removed
4 > > the /usr/src/linux symlink and relinked it to the latest stable kernel
5 > > sources. The only thing I can think of is that I used make oldconfig,
6 > > when I compiled a kernel with those sources - does it matter?
7 >
8 > I wouldn't think so...
9
10 I've looked into it a bit more. The error refers to autoconf.h:
11 ===============================================
12 KLIBCAS klibc/syscalls/umask.o
13 KLIBCAS klibc/syscalls/chroot.o
14 In file included from linux/include/linux/linkage.h:4,
15 from linux/include/asm/signal.h:5,
16 from include/signal.h:13,
17 from klibc/fork.c:9:
18 linux/include/linux/config.h:6:28: warning: linux/include/linux/autoconf.h:
19 Permission denied
20 linux/include/linux/config.h:6:28: linux/autoconf.h: No such file or directory
21 KLIBCAS klibc/syscalls/symlink.o
22 make[2]: *** [klibc/fork.o] Error 1
23 make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
25
26 Looking at the access rights only root can play with it:
27 -rw------- 1 root root 47664 Aug 24 20:44 autoconf.h
28
29 Just in case, what's the autoconf.h access rights on your boxen?
30 --
31 Regards,
32 Mick