From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound... a known method to track down problems
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:53:02
1 > Sorry to just blurt right out with this... I'm in need of sound on my
2 > unix box and kind of quickly.  I never even configure sound or want
3 > it as a rule but now I need it to test some recording equipment on a
4 > second winxp computer with m-audio delta-66 installed.
5
6 you've ALSA installed but it's not configured yet? Try
7 editing /etc/modules.d/alsa manually or install alsa-utils and run
8 alsaconf as root. After that add ALSA to your preferred runlevel.
9
10 I'm not sure if alsaconf will find your card, but as soon as it is
11 something like AC '97 "complaint" it should work.
14 Best regards
17 ce
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list