From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: firefox-bin optimizations?
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 03:21:04
1 On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 06:53:04PM +0300, Arttu V. wrote
2
3 > There it is, --disable-pango. Unfortunately by now I have already
4 > forgotten why I was even removing pango in the first place, so I think
5 > I'll re-enable it.
6
7 Pango is used for rendering non-Latin characters, e.g. Japanese and
8 Chinese glyphs. It does slow things down somewhat and it's not
9 necessary if you're only using Latin-type characters (i.e. US, Canada,
10 and western Europe). At one time, there was a "moznopango" USE flag,
11 but that seems to have disappeared.
14 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>