From: Johannes Geiss <johannes.geiss@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems starting OpenLDAP
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 21:44:03
1 Hi there,
2
3 I try to start an LDAP-service for managing by eMail-Addresses
4 centralised on my server. Unfortunately I constantly fail to start
5 slapd. I tried a lot of documentations I've found on the web, including
6 Gentoo's non-official doc at
7
8 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ldap-howto.xml
9
10 as well as
11
12 http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialLDAP.html
13
14 but to no avail.
15
16 The daemon slapd only starts as root and connecting to it via
17
18 ldapadd -f stooges.ldif -xv -D "cn=StoogeAdmin,o=stooges" \
19 -h 127.0.0.1 -w secret1
20
21 always fails with
22
23 ldap_initialize( ldap://127.0.0.1 )
24 ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
25
26 I suspect something is wrong with my backend database.
27
28 Has anybody installed and started OpenLDAP successfully on Gentoo?
29 I am interested in config files and which components/use flags are
30 involved.
31
32 I have installed cyrus-sasl-2.1.23-r1, openldap-2.4.24
33
34 Bye
35 Johannes
39 // Johannes R. Geiss Zaurus, Pegasos, Amiga and C64 user
40 \\ // PGP at https://pegasos.dnsalias.org/~jgeiss/pgpkey.txt