From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new kernel problem: ln: when making multiple links...
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 13:41:01
1 On 7/7/05, Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > > I took gentoo-sources and patched it with some realtime-preempt
5 > > patches. After building the kernel I now get this message:
6 > >
7 > > flash linux # make modules_install
8 > > ln: when making multiple links, last argument must be a directory
9 > > make: *** [_modinst_] Error 1
10 > > flash linux #
11 > >
12 > > What does this suggest might have gone wrong?
13 > >
14 > > Thanks,
15 > > Mark
18 > In the Makefile does EXTRAVERSION start with "-"? That was the first result of a google search [1] ;-P
19 >
20 > Zac
21 >
22 > [1] http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=modules_install+%22ln%3A+when+making+multiple+links%2C+last+argument+must+be+a+directory%22
23 > --
24 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
27 Hi Zac,
28 It does in fact start with a "-":
29
30 VERSION = 2
31 PATCHLEVEL = 6
32 SUBLEVEL = 12
33 EXTRAVERSION = -gentoo-r3-RT-V0.7.51-11
34 NAME=Woozy Numbat
35
36 I found the same link yesterday but I thought I was doing that part
37 right. I checked it against a working Gentoo kernel and things looked
38 similar.
39
40 VERSION = 2
41 PATCHLEVEL = 6
42 SUBLEVEL = 11
43 EXTRAVERSION = -gentoo-r11
44 NAME=Woozy Beaver
45
46 I also tried the string using underscores instead of periods but that
47 didn't change anything about the message.
48
49 I think it must be something about the way the patch file changes the
50 Make file. I'll look there next.
51
52 Thanks,
53 Mark