From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem compiling freemind
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 01:22:53
1 On Monday 08 February 2010 19:36:49 Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > I actually meant to try the lower case L. Mine shows some ant stuff
4 > which I think you were having trouble with, at least in the compile
5 > messages?
6
7 Hmm. That gave me the clue; yes, freemind was throwing an ant error
8 during compilation (but that didn't prevent emerge from reporting
9 success), so I recompiled all the ant* packages on the system and that's
10 fixed it.
11
12 Problem now is that I asked for ant-core, ant-nodeps, ant-trax and antlr
13 to be remerged, but I saw this:
14
15 $ eix -I ant
16 ...
17 [U] dev-java/antlr (2.7.7@22/01/10 -> 2.7.7{tbz2} 3.1.3-r2(3)): A parser
18 generator for C++, C#, Java, and Python
19 ...
20
21 That's a puzzle, because I'd only just run an emerge --sync and -uaDv
22 world, so why was antlr not upgraded then?
23
24 The upgrade of antlr pulled in a new package, stringtemplate.
25
26 Whatever was wrong, reinstalling those four packages solved my problem.
27 Thanks for the hint, Mark.
30 Rgds
31 Peter.