From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Web mail suggestions...
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:55:46
1 On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:32:57 -0400, Dave Nebinger wrote:
2
3 > I'm running postfix and tpop3d on my site for email delivery.
4 >
5 > Everything is working great; internally I can send & receive, and
6 > externally I can send and receive also (using smtp auth for sending, &
7 > tpop3d for receiving).
8 >
9 > However, I'd like to add the ability to check my email through my web
10 > server
11
12 Most webmail packages require IMAP, not POP3. When I set up webmail, I
13 had to switch from teapop to dovecot first. Dovecot does POP3 and IMAP,
14 so everyone was happy.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 ... For Reply, send a self-abused stomped Antelope to...